Monday, July 8, 2024

Another HOT Day But Got Stuff Done

This morning, I was up earlier than I had originally planned. I slept downstairs to stay cool. Sophie wasn't happy with me last night because Patrick slept upstairs. She meowed to let me know I needed to go upstairs. It was funny watching her talking to me as she walked back and forth to the stairs. 

I also realized last night that I needed to get the batting and backing ready for Colleen today. So, I cut it at 10:30 last night. 

This morning, I came up and took a shower. When I got my phone, I realized there was a call from the dentist. Called them back and they said they had a cancelation or two. I asked what time they had it for and she asked if I could be in at 9 am. Since it was 8:10, I said I could. I was out the door by 8:30 am. I had everything I needed to take with me. 

The dentist took about 30 mins to do what he needed. They also set me up for a night guard. I'm okay with that. I won't get that for a couple weeks. I was thrilled I didn't have to put that paste in my mouth! It was a 3D camera that set me up for it. 

After there, I went to Dutch Brothers for tea. Got one for mom too. Then off to Safeway to get flowers for Colleen. I also got 3 doughnuts. Gave 2 to mom. We sat and talked about family. Trying to figure out about great grandmother Reeder. She married great granddad Matheson when she was 18 and he was 30. That was a big difference. They later divorced. 


I worked on this piece again while I was there. Got 2 flowers done. I started the last one. I will be doing the leaves when I go back on Friday's. I am getting close to doing the 2nd block at this rate. I'm surprised at how fast it is going. I brought home 3 QOV quilts. I just need to put the information on the labels and call it good. 

After moms, I headed to Colleen's to take the backing and batting. I gave her the flowers. She was happy and we chatted about what all happened. It was a good chat, and then I headed home. I got lunch and went downstairs. 

I ended up playing games all afternoon. I wasn't in the mood for much else. Since it was 104 degrees, I wasn't in the mood for much. Stayed downstairs and going back down to sleep there. Just wish this computer was down there so I could work on my family history. Oh, well. Life is good and I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...