Friday, July 19, 2024

Quilting Among Other Things

 This morning Patrick head to golfing, and I headed to moms. I wanted to be early because we had a war game on at the time I usually leave for her place. I stopped and got her some tea. 

Got to moms and she had a few things she wanted me to do for her. I tried to play my game. Then I had to play again later. Too funny. 

I worked on the block I have been working on while there. I have decided I am going to do back basting next time. Even if I have to cut it out and place it for back basting. I finished the buds, and got started on the flowers. There are 3 dots that go above these. The is also more leaves that go on the stem. I have more to do, but I'm getting there. I am surprised at times at how much I do get done. 

Had to get to Debbie's to pick up some paperwork for QOV. She's having it rough. Think her daughter is really hitting it hard. I would if it was my son. She did say that one the way back, the boat trailer hit some wind and we know what happened after that. Good news was that he was killed instantly and didn't suffer.  The presession will be on Wednesday. I have been texting Debbie. I told her I can't Imagin what she is going through because I haven't been in her shoes.  All I can do is support her. 

Came home and got my sourdough bread ready to bake. 

Roasted garlic with herbs from the garden. It was pretty good, but I think next time I will do it with regular bread. Gave Scott and Teri this loaf. It was pretty good. I just did what I normally do, added it. 

I entered all the paperwork for QOV. then I decided to work on my word chart for beading. I'm on row 51, and there are 79 rows. So, I have a ways to go. Plus this is 3 patterns, so will have to do the other 2 as well. Just need to have them done before we leave next month. 

Even though I was busy, I was still able to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...