Sunday, July 28, 2024

Bike Ride And Friendship

Today we actually went bike riding. It's been about 4 years since we went last. So, we went about 6 miles today. Joined up at Tenino and headed up the hill, then turned around and came back. Katt called while we were out there, so when we stopped, we called her back. I thought it was mom when it was ringing. lol She needed help with her sewing machine. Tenino had their Rocks and Gem show. We looked around a little but didn't get anything. Patrick kept me from looking too closely. lol I love jewelry! I wanted to go a little farther with the bikes, but my legs need the exercise more! Then my scare stated to hurt, so I knew I couldn't go more. I'm thrilled to have gotten 5 miles in. 

Debbie texted to see if I wanted to go to coffee with her. Told her "sure" and would be home soon. We stopped at Safeway for some food. Then we came on home. Texted Debbie I was ready when she was. 

It was around 1:30 when she picked me up. We chatted about this and that. Then we chatted about her grandson who was killed in an accident. She showed me the funeral pictures. They did the last call for him since he was an EMT. We chatted and I found out she only heard from 2 of us while she was going through all this. I kept sending her texts of hugs and things. I was sorry to hear her friends haven't come around. It's almost like they are afraid to talk to her. I told her mom had that with my sister's death. They would walk across the street, just so they didn't have to talk to her. Funny (not really) how people don't send their best wishes but would rather stay completely away. Poor Debbie, she's having it hard, and it hurts to see her this way. We both cried. So, came home around 4:00. She said she may come to the meeting on Thursday but won't stay for the presentation. I told her she didn't have to. She still needs time. Especially when she can't get out of bed at times. 

I popped in on the embroidery zoom chat. They really weren't talking, so I popped back out. I didn't want to be the one chatting the whole time. Plus, I wasn't planning on staying long anyway. 

Fixed supper and the rest of the day was playing my games. I will work on my beading tomorrow. It's embroidery tomorrow, so I will work on my butterfly and get that done! I seriously need to do that! My day was busy and fun. So, I can't call it a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...