Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Dinner With Family

This morning, I was busy playing my games as well as working on dessert for Patrick. I cleaned up the kitchen, because it was driving me crazy how everything is piling up. I hate kitchens that have a lot of stuff in the sink or by it, as well as appliances all over the counter. So, I got my rear in gear and put a lot of stuff away. Dishwasher was emptied (that's almost daily lately), and the kitchen was back to being open and enjoyable to walk in. 

Before I could start, Ron called and wanted to walk. We only did 2 laps as he couldn't do anymore, and I needed to get stuff done. Patrick went golfing with my brother, so I had a ton of stuff to do. Laundry among them. 

When Patrick got home, he was sweet and started helping me. I put the frosting on the Pumpkin Bars. Then he wanted to cut them to take some to moms. I tried to tell him what I wanted but he's a GUY! I said please cut them like candy bars, all even. Of course, they were not even, some twice the size of the others. I couldn't believe it! Now I know what his mother complained about with him and his dad cutting the cake. Oh, well. 

We then headed over to moms to have supper with my brother and his wife, mom and Nancy. Food was awesome and my brother is a really good cook! Always as been. We played games after and called it a night. 

Mom gave me 2 quilts that are done, that will go to the museum tomorrow. 

This is one of Val's quilts. Kelsie Reynolds quilted it. It turned out great. 

Connie worked on this one. Georgie did the stars, so I need to send her a photo of this one. 

Time flew by today. I didn't have time for much. I will try to relax, listen to my book. The story is interesting, maybe. It has 3 stories in one. Goes to 3 different things that happened in the past. Then a PI gets involved in looking to see if he could solve the crimes that were never solved. It gets confusing as to which group they are talking about and the people. Too much for me to try and follow. I'm about halfway through the book and it's starting to get boring going over each person's life then and now. Like I said, that one may not get finished. 

Hoping all is well with everyone. It was not my day for Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...