Thursday, July 11, 2024

Hello Veterans - Another QOV Presentation Day

This morning, I walked with Ron, and we got 6 laps around the neighborhood. Then I had to hurry and get myself out the door to the museum.  I had to stop at Dutch Brothers first to get Debbie and myself a hot drink. - Yeah, I know, hot weather and buying a hot drink. Just couldn't help myself! 

Arrived and was needed as soon as I got there. Debbie was watching her grandson's game on the phone app. I was bringing the quilts in. lol We loaded the quilts into the museum and feel better about what we had. We also saw Mike Cheek in the office. I told him to come upstairs and got a "no, I'm leaving" remark. Sammy in the office gave me some funny looks to let me know we were doing something different. When I came back downstairs for a few things, Mike was sitting in the office. Debbie called Smiley in and we shut the doors so he had to stay. Then we presented him with a quilt. Once that was done, we headed back upstairs to get the other 4 veterans who came for the presentation. One of the veterans that was supposed to come, ended up with covid and couldn't make it. At least we were still able to get 5 veterans done today. 

Mike Russell, Navy, Virgil Potter, Army, Lee Bachler, Army and Seth Bangs, Army. Seth Bangs is still in the military and active duty. We had an awesome time!

Came home and then played games. It was still 85 degrees today, so I didn't plan to do much the rest of the day. It wasn't a day where I could be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...