Saturday, July 13, 2024

Ripping Out More Than Putting In

This morning, I was up early and just enjoying the day. We had a "war" going on in the game, so I was ready when the time came. 

Once that was over with, I cleaned up the kitchen and then went walking with Ron. We got 5 laps in. He thought we weren't walking today. 

I seriously needed to do something other than game playing. So, I went downstairs, put my earbuds in and listened to my book. Finished it actually. 


 I worked on getting this finished. Or at least I thought I was working to get it finished. I put the blue on the top part, both sides. Took a photo after I cut the top blue off. First things first, I sewed the blue material to the 4 Hole in the Barn Door blocks. BOTH SIDES. Then I sat and took that out. Next I cut the white fabric and sewed it onto the blocks. THEN I sewed the blue to the white.........not realizing I cut the white too big. Measured it and found I had reached the 80" already. Then realized the white was supposed to be 3" and not 5". Next was cutting the blue off and then ripping the white off the blue. 

Now the white is the right size. After "three's a charm" I decided I wasn't in the mood to do anymore sewing, since I can't seem to sew the right stuff correctly. So, it's now waiting for the blue to be added like the bottom. I double checked the size of the fabric. I realized a little late, that I need to cut about an inch off the blue. With this much going on, and my brain not paying attention, I decided to call it a day. 

Now, I'm just enjoying the fact that I'm not ripping out more work. That does make me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Interesting Day

 Was up early.  Nothing new there.  Ron and I walked 5 laps. Patrick was out in the yard doing all kinds of things. He was working on the wa...