Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Day Before Thanksgiving

 We all know how it goes when I plan a day....well today was no different. 

First on the list was to get things started for tomorrow. Patrick helped with the table settings, I ironed the table cloth. Then I worked on the dressing. I had to bake corn bread and bisquick. I was getting everything lined up. 

Then at 12:40 pm I left to head over to moms. It was time to take Daisy up for her eye appointment. I stopped and picked up half a sandwich for mom and I. We had lunch and left her place at 1:30 pm. We first stopped at the pharmacy for mom. She came out and said her prescription ran out so she has to wait till Friday to get her pills. Then it was off to Olympia for Daisy's appointment. To my shock - everyone was on the road. 

We arrived 20 mins early for the 3 pm appointment - no big deal. Waited for them to call me back to tell us when to give Daisy over to the nurse. That was about 2:50 pm. We sat in the car, because of the covid rules. The vet called and told mom, Daisy's eye are looking better. She wants to see her again in 5 months. Still has to put the eye drops in the eyes. NOT cheap! Then Daisy came out so we could leave........so much for that thought. Started the car....not! Tried again, no life. UGH! Tried calling USAA which mom has, but she couldn't figure out where the information was. She actually "lost" it. She got so confused and couldn't think of what to do. I ended up calling Patrick, then I call Les Schwab. They came and started the car for me. Then I followed the truck to the shop. We got mom a new battery. Now she should be fine. We left the store and got stuck at the left turn lane for over 3 lights. We moved over to the straight line and went around the block to get back on track to home. Dropped mom off at  5: 10 pm. Then came home - 5:45 pm. Texted Katt that I would call her in half an hour. 

We called Katt and talked to her for over an hour. It was so good to hear from her. I actually cried and had to give the phone up for Patrick to chat. Then I got it back and talked more. We had a good chat and she's doing really well. I'm so thrilled she's doing as good as she is. 

Now that took time too. I had to mop the floor, so finally got the floor mopped and cleaned up Sophie's water dish. I got the dishes washed that were in the sink first. I then got the green bean casserole put together without the onions. I'll do that tomorrow. 

Next think I know, Patrick said, "It's already 9 pm." That meant - "better do your blog." Which I am now doing. 

In otherwords it was not a day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...