Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Tearing It Out....UGH

This morning we were up. It didn't take long for Patrick to suggest we clean under the stove - because I've been saying I was going to do that for awhile. I even said I wanted to rearrange the cupboards. Funny thing was he reminded me of that as well. So, we cleaned under the stove, then pulled out the glasses from the cupboard. We took 3 cupboards and cleaned them out. Got rid of a few mugs, and other things that we didn't need anymore. I moved the tea's over to the cupboard where the hot pot is. Now I can get my tea at the same time. I like the set up. We put the containers where the teas were. Amazing what all we had and what we got rid of. Then there was the pile that needed to go downstairs. Things we don't use all the time, but do use. Took stuff downstairs, and before I realized it, we were going through the pantry. We cleaned that up as well. Ended up with 3 big boxes of stuff we didn't want or need any more. It feels good to get rid of stuff. That took a couple hours between all the work we did. 

Then I decided I was going to stop working on my "gift" piece. I didn't like how the colors were going together. My sons face looked like modern art instead of his face. I had a photo at one time, but can't find it. I was able to take about about 10 rows. It's very time consuming. It took me a couple hours to get what I did done. I need to be careful when I do it, because there are a couple beads that seems to match too well. 

This is only 3 rows at a time. As you can see, this gets to be a mess. Plus the threads get to be hard to pull out. It's got the strands of threads sometimes and I have to clean those up as well. It's taking a lot longer, but I decided I would work on them now before I move on. I need to get them where they belong. The last time I did that, it's still in the container in the bedroom for me to take apart and put where they belong. I will try and do that once I have this set done. It's no fun when one has to tear out what they did. After all those hours putting it together. It's better this way though. I can chalk it up to experience. 

Now that things are cleaned up and the cupboards are nicely done, I'm happy. If I wasn't taking out what I put in, I would feel better about being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...