Saturday, November 21, 2020

Our Anniversary And Covid

 This morning we wished each other Happy Anniversary. It's year 38. Doesn't seem right but it is. Surprised we made it this long. 

Patrick went out to work in the yard. He got a few more leaves done. He was asked if he wanted to go golfing, but turned it down. I told him he could go, but he wanted to work in the yard instead. 

I played games.....and played.....and played. I wasn't in the mood to do much. I did work on making the chocolate cookies that I made a couple weeks ago. He wanted those. He was going to cook supper, so it was a trade off. I was able to to get those done. 

Then I went back to playing games. 

Once I finished a book on tape and started another one, I decided to work on my beading. I was able to get another 1/3 of the panel done. Tomorrow I will finish it and start another. Today just wasn't in the mood. 

Patrick made shrimp scampi tonight. It turned out awesome! He is a good cook. I cleaned up the kitchen for him, put dishes away from the dishwasher, and got laundry going. All while he cooked. Then I took a break and beaded. 

After supper, I figured I better get my butt in gear and get something done. 

I worked on the yellow spool. I realized I have a row too much on that. I will leave it for now and see if I can outline it without having to mess it up. IF that doesn't work, I will probably take out the last couple rows and fix them. I was only able to get to work on the spools. Not much but something. I'm getting closer with this piece. 

All because of Covid, we were not able to go out to eat. We had planned where we would go and I was looking forward to it. Maybe that is why I just couldn't do anything today. I was disappointed that we couldn't have a good Anniversary - but it did turn out to be a good Anniversary. Patrick and I sat in the living room, me listening to my book and him listening and watching his phone for TikTalk. We enjoyed just sitting in the living room doing what we like to do. I just would have liked to have been able to go out....but that is life today. My niece and her husband will be here for Thanksgiving, so that will be nice. 

All in all, I can say I was - for a time - Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...