Saturday, November 7, 2020

My Day....Finishing Up Things I Should Have Done

 This morning Patrick was off to go golfing. I slept in and didn't want to get out of bed. Go figure. 

Once I did, I was getting myself on track. I even wrote down a list of things I wanted to get done today. Doesn't mean it happened but at least I made the list. 

First on the list was to work on the checkbook. Couldn't find the checkbook, thinking Patrick still had it from last night.....if I would have looked in the computer room, it wouldn't have been an issue. 

So, I stated on the BDEIG video. It's a wonderful video and I have decided to redo the fuchsia that I made for Cheryl. I will do it like the video shows. I was able to get all the videos together and now have one long video. Next I need to cut the video into different teaching tools. I need to figure out where to cut it and use it as one quick video. I also need to go get a thumb drive as well. 

That took a couple hours. Patrick arrived. We watched TV for awhile and then I got tired of his shows, so I went to the computer room and worked on our books. I balanced the checkbook - and realized I was 2 months behind. It took me a couple hours because of the usual mistakes - missed entry, numbers turned around, and can't count. (Not me, he does the checkbook - I balance it.) So, once it was done, he went to "his books" and balanced his books. Once it was done, it felt good to have it over with. 

I then worked on my exercises and then I worked on my Christmas list for my kids. Hate making lists, but that's the tradition that Patrick's family brought to ours. I don't like it, and never have. But at the same time, it works. I would rather give a gift that is unexpected, made, or even a surprise. So, I always make sure that there is a surprise gift at Christmas. This year I will be ready for that. 

I didn't get to my beading or cross stitching. I didn't get to enjoy the day to myself - with the exception of watching "Vera" and "Perry Mason" before I got to work on the video editing. 

Today was more of "life" then stitching. I watched Biden give his speech and it made me feel hopeful. I'm still not sure if it will work, but I did feel he may be the right one right now. I don't like how Trump seems to be acting like a baby because he didn't win. I hate seeing the office get so much disrespect. Now I pray we all have the right person in the job. Time will tell. It doesn't change my "bubble" of a life, until they ask for more taxes. I know they will. 

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...