Monday, November 16, 2020

Staying Home And Doing What I Do Best

 This morning I was woken by the phone. I got up at 7:30 am and then crashed on the couch till 9:30 am. Just couldn't sleep very well last night and when I finally got to sleep at 4 am, I didn't want to get up. 

Our Brazilian embroidery meeting was today. We were working on canceling it last night. It's a shame because I was looking forward to going. But we just couldn't take the chance. It doesn't help, but maybe in 4 weeks we can get back to meeting. Betting that won't happen. 

So, I finally got up. Made a shopping list for Patrick to get the stuff that will get us through the next 4 weeks. The usual of flour (which is hard to find) as well as milk and eggs. Thanksgiving shopping is done as well. 

While he was gone, I picked up my crap and then sat down to work on my beading. 

I finished the panel from yesterday. Then I started another one. 

I am at the end of the Reindeer. I then decided to call it quits for today. I wanted to give myself a little break. I was able to do one complete panel between yesterday and today. 

After playing games I decided it was time to get back to the cross stitching. 

I added a few more stitches in on the shirt, and then fabric that is cut for the shirt. I added a few more stitches to the spool as well. Not much but it's getting there. Every little bit helps. We were watching DWTS and I'm getting tired of it. I loved the way it was before, but I don't care for the host. I do miss the old dances done right. Tonight they did get back to that though. I guess I would rather see more "famous" people then the ones I don't know. Then again, I don't watch much TV to begin with. 

Tomorrow we will be going to Longview to pick up our curtains. Then the house will be complete. I can't wait!

Today was Nancy's Birthday - 80th! She's a sweetheart of a lady! She lost her husband within the last year. She one of the happiest people I know! Rarely does she show anger or bitterness. I had to call her and wish her Happy Birthday! Mom went over with supper because her Birthday "party" was cancelled since her son had to be tested for covid. They were going to take her out. Now we can't eat in at the restaurants, so she missed out, just like mom did. 

I worked on dessert, which sits overnight before it's ready to eat. I love baking and cooking. I was even able to make my stroganoff for supper, while Patrick eat leftovers. I was in heaven! Between enjoying cooking and baking, I can say it was a good day! I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...