Monday, November 9, 2020

One Ornament Done!

 This morning I got to work on the sourdough bread so it could raise one more time. I decided to do one big one. I put the dough in a pot so it would raise in the shape I wanted. It seemed to work. 

I was on the computer checking for Christmas stuff when Patrick brought me the Fire Mountain beads that I ordered. I was thrilled to get them. The bugle beads were too big though. I decided to use them anyway. Before I started to work on the ornament, I wanted to finish up the panel I started the other day. 

I finished it up. Felt good to get another panel done. Then I started on the ornament. While I was beading the top, Sharon called. She needed one of the beads I have. Told her we will be going up later and will call when we do. She also told me she lost her daughter yesterday (same thing Alex Trabec (sp) had). She also said she lost her husband today (date wise) years ago. She told her remaining children that she better be next and not them. She has lost a son and daughter now.

Put the bread in the oven about this time. 


Turned out really good! I couldn't believe how well it turned out. One of my better ones. Sourdough flavor was there too.

Then I went back to working on my beads. 


The beads on the tassel are a shade off. It turned out okay, but I want to work on something better. I'm going to go to Michael's and see if I can find the beads I want. We were going to go today but when Patrick called down to Longview about hemming the shop wasn't open today. He's going to call tomorrow. I put my panel on the counter and we can compare the colors of the beads then. I had one bead break on me, so I had to put it back in. I do like the way this finished up. I will be doing more, so I'm hoping to find something different. Maybe all my ornaments will be different. Hard to say. I do like the silver bulb to hang on. 

Cleaned up my mess and called it a day. Love the beads I got in the mail. Just need to work on it. It was a fun day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...