Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

 This morning we started out with getting the turkey in the oven, after dressing was set. Then worked on the deviled eggs, green bean casserole, homemade rolls, and more. My niece was bringing dessert. 

I had to get the cat litter cleaned up and put downstairs, just in case. Then I cleaned up my quilt room so that it was "cat proof." We didn't know if the dogs would be coming as well. The good news was, they didn't come. Daisy did, but she gets along with Sophie really well. Trouble was, Sophie spent most of the day under the bed or in our bedroom. She didn't know Alicia and Nate, and decided not to come out. 

Mom, Alicia and Nate came around 2 pm. We had supper pretty much ready. Put all the stuff in nice plates and got it on the counter to eat. We all had a great time. It was nice to see them, and we learned a little more about what they were doing. We said our prayers of thanks. We thanked the Lord we were able to be together and hope everyone was safe when it came to the rest of the family. 

We enjoyed the evening by resting. Poor Alicia had been up for 24 hours. She worked till this morning. She's an RN that works in the Portland area. 

It was one of those days, mom, Daisy, and Alicia crashed. Nate was up and chatting with me. No one woke. 


When Sophie came out, she was checking out Alicia. Think she thought she was too quiet. It was funny watching her. Then when Alicia woke up, she went back to the bedroom. 

After Alicia woke, we had dessert. It was really good. She did go crazy because we had 2 different desserts. They were really good. 

After everyone left, Patrick and I just sat and enjoyed the TV for awhile. I played games. I didn't get anything done. 

I'm thankful for my family - those who have gone and those who are with us. I'm thankful for my 2 children that have made a good life for themselves. I pray they are well. I'm thankful that our family haven't gotten Covid so far. Life is precious and what we do with it, is what counts. I'm thankful for my gift of handcrafts. It's not easy to do a lot of what I enjoy. Some is very easy and it's becoming a forgotten craft. I pray it will never die. 

It wasn't as a day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...