Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Finished Another Quilt

 This morning Patrick woke with the phone ringing. I didn't hear it. The doctor called to let him know about the study. He had been approved and if he wanted to continue, it would be about 2-3 weeks before surgery. He decided not to wait on surgery, and we are a go for Wednesday. He has a ton of appointments up there on Monday. It will be an 8 hour day and he doesn't think we need to go up for that with him, since we would be waiting all day for him. 

After the call he watched a couple shows before leaving for golfing. While he was gone, I watched some TV and worked on the binding of the quilt. 

The binding is in red. It seems to help with the overall design. This is another one of my variation 9 patch quilts. I will wash it tomorrow and then figure out where it will go in the meantime. 

I called Stillwater's Estates to put our name on the list for a house. We want to downsize from this house. It will be a wait and see thing. Not in a big hurry. Patrick won't be in the mood to check houses while he's recouping. Not a big hurry. Will need to downsize stuff in the house as well. Not sure what all we will keep. My craft room is huge so that will be a lot to downsize on that as well. 

It was a quite day. Tomorrow I can work on my beading. Now that the quilt is done, that makes one more "project" or "ufo" done. I have a lot of tops that need to be quilted, but that will wait. I want to finish a few more things before I get into quilting again. I do have a top that is ready to be quilted, so I will do that when I finish the border round robin quilt. I will work on that later as well. So, right now I have 3 projects that need attention. At least I finished one today. Now 3 more to go. Then quilting on the white on white quilt later. The "squirrel" in me is seeing about 3 other things to do. I'm trying real hard not to get going on another project. I did give Sharon an order for bead the other day. That is another project right there! 

At least today was a good day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...