Thursday, February 18, 2021

One Of The Days Where I Took Out More Than Put In

 This morning I woke to Katt being gone. I knew she was leaving. She texted around 11:30 am that she was home. It's a good 7 hour drive. She needed to leave today because of the roads on the passes. The weather stations said today was the best day to get over the passes before another wave of bad weather comes in.

I sat and tried to work on my beading. I ended up taking out 2 rows of the box. Then Faye texted asking me where one of my quilts were for Shawn. I thought I had my panel quilts at the museum, but I guess we used them all up. I had one here at the house. Now I have to do another one for Art, since he's up for the award. I ended up putting the beading away and put the labels on the 2 quilts I had here at the house that needed labels. Mom has 2 other quilts as well. 

Once the labels were on, I was out the door to the museum. I stopped at Rite Aide to get Patrick some Tylenol and a candy bar. Then headed over to the museum. 

I looked for my quilts but realized they were all regular quilts and not panels. So, I am going to need to work on a panel quilt soon. 


Shawn Kramer ended up with my panel quilt that I took over there. It's also Georgie and moms quilt. They did the stars in the quilt. I loved this one! I had a good time with seeing Denise and Fred. It's been a long time since Covid hit. We haven't been able to bowl for over a year now. 

Once this was over, I came home. I wanted to work on my beading again. I was hoping to get to the next step, but then I ended up taking out rows. 

Of course Sophie wasn't liking me working on my beading. She was trying to grab my thread!

She was a little miffed at me. I ended up shooing her off because she tried to eat some of the beads. She spit them out when she realized they were hard to chew. 


So, the 2 rows I had to take out - twice! - is where the bee's yellow strip is. The wing were coming back into the body and I kept getting off on the first bead I placed. Then I ended up ripping it out and putting it back in. Once I did that, I found - back at the end of the row - that I put the wrong color in the wrong spot, so out it came again. Once I had that row figured out, it was easy to put back in. Just a pain in the butt that I had to take out 2 rows twice. I could have had the head of the bee done by now. Guess there are those days that it doesn't matter what we do, it goes wrong. I gave up. I will work on it tomorrow and hopefully be able to work on the neck of the box. It goes in a little, and that will be a challenge. It's fun to work on though. I can't say today was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...