Tuesday, February 9, 2021

The Last Couple Days

 The last 2 days have been busy and interesting. Saturday we spent the day with Katt and Susan. Katt arrived from Lewiston about 10 am. We drove down to Portland to pick up Susan who wore a "poop" blow up costume. We laughed and enjoyed the day. Playing games and not doing much other than that. 

Yesterday we left at 6 am for Seattle. Patrick had appointments a Cancer Care Alliance that took all day long. He met his doctors and he was able to get his MRI and Covid test. 

While he was in his appointments, we took a walk around University of Washington. 

Off and on, we waited in the first floor area. We aren't supposed to be there, but we did anyway. Outside the window there was this sign. I never saw a wild animal got by the door. This is in the middle of the university so I actually thought this was funny!

We decided to go to "a" Starbucks. Katt looked it up for the closest Starbucks. We walked to the point where it said there was a Starbucks. For the first time in my life, we found a TRUCK that was Starbucks!!

We couldn't use cash! No worries there. It was just funny how UW has a truck while WSU has a really Starbucks store. 

Not far from there we found the statue of George Washington. I was ticked off!! 

I understand people are "racist" etc. What I don't like is that HISTORY can't be fixed. HISTORY is HISTORY. It happened and we need to learn from it. We can't erase it. Destroying property isn't going to solve the problem. Removing the statues, etc. isn't going to help or solve the problem. History needs to stay as history! 


We then went down to the water front. It was nice. They have been working on making it nice. 


I was thinking at times, I should have gone to UW when I had the chance. It would have been fun! I love the area. BUT I would not go now because of all the stuff going on in Seattle. 

Patrick's surgery is tomorrow. He will be getting open heart surgery as well as loosing his left kidney. In 12 weeks he will go back and get part of his other kidney removed. This is hard on all of us. Now I will have to deal with the open heart surgery stuff - like I had to do with dad. It's going to be a long road ahead but Patrick is very fit. He's not fat, and he doesn't have some of the issues others do. I'm praying this will be a shorter road than what dad went through.

We will be staying overnight in a motel by the airport. Susan wants to fly out on Thursday. It will be interesting to see how things turn out. This way we are closer to Patrick then coming home. 

I was not in the mood to work on my crafts. I should have, it would have helped me out. But life is what it is and we deal with what we have to. I'm dealing with trying to be positive, but there is hard times coming. I'm hoping it will be easy for me to go to my crafts to get lost in my "happy place." THAT WOULD BE Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


2 comments:

Terri said...

Wow, I didin't realize it was going to be heart surgery, too! Hugs and prayers for you and your family, especially hubby!

6th Generation Quiilter, Crafter said...

Because it's close to the heart, they are going through the chest, and removing the "thrombosis" to see if they need to take a small part of the heart. They won't be doing the by pass like I understood it. They are going to remove part of the vein that had the thrombosis. That is why it is a by-pass. At least that's now my understanding.

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...