Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Found Grandma(s) Costume Jewelry

 Patrick was out of bed before me. Guess I'm getting lazy again. 

I didn't play games this morning. I actually went downstairs to try and find my boxes of costume jewelry. The first placed I looked, was the first place it was in. We put them in a box. I brought the box upstairs, and started sorting the jewelry. I found a couple necklaces that were broke and put them in the bead box. I can use them later on, for something else. There were beads I could use for the box I made, but in the end decided not to. I put the "odds and ends" in a small box. 



Trying to decide if it's worth putting them on eBay to sell the odd balls or just throw them away. Don't know anyone that would want them. 

This both the front and back views. Don't know what to do with these. Hate to throw them away but I might get to that point yet. If anyone wants them, I'll mail them to them!

We took a break and went shopping. Patrick walked around the store. By the time we got back home, he was beat! He wanted to go through each aisle. He was saying he needed to do this. I was watching him when he started bending down to get stuff. I let him a couple times, but I did what I could without him getting touchy. He's doing pretty good now though. 

I found several pearl beads that were broke. They were all together. I decided to re-bead them. The clasps were broke as well. So, I have about 4 pearl beads necklaces to fix. 

I lined all the beads so I could work my way around the necklace to string. I was half way at this point. There were too many beads to fix around, so put the end parts in the middle of my mat. 

I strung this set of beads. Patrick will add the clasps for me and then it will be ready for someone to wear. I don't wear pearls, but who knows I may yet. 

Before I worked on the pearls I finished up the box. 

I figured out the beads from the costume jewelry made it too fancy. So, I decided to do the same thing I did on the legs. I did change the washer between the bead and the box. 

It turned out really well. I'm happy! This is done and I can go back to my snowman.

So, I didn't play games today. I cleaned up my grandmother's (2) custom jewelry. There are some really pretty pieces in there! I was surprised. I also found a couple really cheap plastic bead necklaces. Once can wrap those around there necks several times! Wonder what grandma Taylor was thinking when she got those. lol It was fun to see what I had. I forgot I had some things in there that were mine. I found a pin that dad gave me when I was little. A couple necklaces I would wear, so put those in my collection. It still turned out to be a good day for Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...