Sunday, February 21, 2021

So Close - "No Cigar" Yet

 This morning I was playing a few games. Then I cleaned up a little. Put some rugs in the wash. Changed the bed. Patrick helped with both. Usually he does a lot of the cleaning, but not quite there yet to bend much. We did the bed together. He's still having some back pains, but thinks it's because he's sitting and laying down all the time. Today he did walk around and is doing a lot better standing straighter. 

I then decided I needed to work on the lid of the box. I had a little trouble getting started. My brain was going one way and got stuck. So, I took it out and watched the first video to see how we started again. Once I got the first increase down, I was off and running. 

By supper time I was at this point. It took a little longer than I thought it would. 


I am now done with the top of the lid. I will work on the seam sides and then figure out what I want to put on the top. I need a top to the lid to be able to lift it up. It looks pretty cool right now. I'm happy with this. I saw a few others making the boxes and had other patterns to it. I wish I had those as well. Patrick was saying this would be good Christmas gifts. I may try and do a few more. It would be fun to give a few out for Christmas gifts. 

It turned out to be a good day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...