Saturday, February 27, 2021

Visited With Mom Today

 This morning I was remember the beads I had since I was a child. I brought them with me from Japan. For some reason, I remembered them in the middle of the night. The funny part is that I gave them away about 2 years ago, because I didn't figure I would ever use them. Funny, how that works. They were delica beads now that I think about it. And they were white. I had them since we left Japan. Now I don't have them. lol - AND it was a string of 6 strands of beads. 

After I watched the hoarding show, I figured I needed to get something done. So, I started working on the box. It's done by a different gal. I'm not really crazy about her pattern. There are other ways of doing this pattern. The fish are fun though. Then it was time to head over to moms. 

We drove to moms so Patrick could do her taxes for her. They are now filed. While he was working on her taxes, mom and I went to Arby's to get supper. Patrick, I'm happy to say, ate well. He's doing better now. He still gets tired. 

We then came home. Got caught up on the "Creators Great and Small" series. While that was going one, I was beading again. 

I was working on the fish now. It's coming up the box. I will put the legs on soon. I need to get the pattern right. I'm having trouble reading it. But I'm getting there. I use the pattern photo to help me out. 

I'm finding myself getting emotional again. Every time I hear the word "cancer," I start to get teary eyed. It's like a trigger. I want to be strong through all this, but at times I wonder if I really am. I know I am, I just need to get over this. Patrick talks about "when this is over" we will go places. I know that will happen. I just can't get my mind past this cancer right now. It's happening now, and it's not over yet. We have one more step to go through. I keep praying he will come through this and have a longer life. Yet I tell get emotional about it all. I can't talk about it without getting teary. There is a long road ahead. I can only take one step at a time. 

We are doing good. No complaints here. As long as I can stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...