Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Another Golfing Day - For Patrick

 I find that I like it when Patrick goes golfing. I can find so much to do. I actually get stuff done too. Today wasn't any different. 

It started out with getting laundry going. I am happy to say, I did all three loads! Then I got a call from Debbie asking if I knew anyone who had a sewing machine they might like to sell cheap or give away. I told her, "I do." I also told her it would be donated to the HS student she told me about. I am happy to donate it to her, since she doesn't have much. When Debbie asked about it, I told her it needs serving but is in good condition. She was excited and was coming to pick it up later today. I went downstairs and got the little case that goes with it, then I went out to the garage and got the machine. It's in it's own hard case. Debbie called back to say she's dropping it off tomorrow for serving and that the gal in Olympia told her it was a really good "hard core" machine. I told her I used it when I was first learning how to sew. 

While I wanted on her, I wanted to get started on the binding of her quilt. Actually I started that idea before she called. 

I was able to get almost 2 sides done. I'm close to finishing the one side. It's been hard to work on since Sophie keeps getting in my way. I don't want her on the quilt to get hairs on it. It's frustrating but I'm getting there. I put her down so many times, and she keeps coming back. Go figure. 

Ticked her off.  She really wanted to be in my lap. 

Our fabric arrived today. I love the colors we got this time. I was able to she Debbie as well. They are going to work out great. We did good with our fabrics this time. 

Patrick got rained on while golfing but didn't come home wet. So thinking they were in the right place at the right time so they wouldn't get caught in the rain. He was happy with his scores. 

It turned out to be a day for quilting more than anything. I want to get this binding done and back to Debbie. I would love to have them both done in time to get back to her. She's got another quilt that was finished at the quilters. I'm hoping she will give me that one to stitch as well. All in all a good day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching. 

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...