Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Mammoth Cave, Kentucky

 This morning we were up bright and early to head to the Mammoth Caves. What we didn't do was time the central time zone with the eastern time zone right. No, we were not an hour late, we we were 3 hours earlier than needed to be. So we went to McDonald's and waited for a while in the truck. Then went into McDonald's and had lunch. 

When we finally needed to be at the caves, we were still an hour early.  Of course I had to shop. I waited till after we were done before I bought anything.

We headed down the cave. I don't like closed spaces or heights.  We started by going down 280 steps. By the time we were done,  it was 540 steps and 3/4ths a mile. 2 1/2 hours.


This was closer to the end.


We had 2 Rangers keep track of us.


This was one of the stopping points.

I made it climbing those steps even when my breathing was off. I made it past the small areas and was thankful that I am not fat because those wefe tight spots.

After a long day, we stopped at Mark's Feed Store for BBQ. It's worth going to. I loved their BBQ! They gave us a jar of sauce for being new there.  Plus a piece of pie.

Came back and listened to my book while Patrick and Sue watched 2012" on tv. I've seen it more than twice.

Not a day were I could be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...