Thursday, October 21, 2021

Hello Thursday

 This morning I wasn't in any hurry to get up. The rain made it dark and enjoyable for sleeping. Guess that is one good thing about being retired - no hurry getting up. One of these days I may actually start getting up really early and enjoying it. Not so much now. 

I worked on a lot of stuff today. I was working on a few survey's and enjoyed it. I did a couple survey's yesterday and thought it would be fun to do more today. So, I did. The funny part about that was receiving a phone call from WA state doing their survey as well. What the heck, I answered their questions. Political questions, so wasn't too thrilled to answer them, but was nice and did. 

Then I decided to do more letters for my "Letters From the Past" blog. I found a few that were interesting and posted them. They do take time to type, but I enjoy what they wrote about. Hard to believe Kansas was going through snow and minus 10 degrees back in the 1940's. At least that's what one of the letters said. I also posted a song that was hand written and a letter from Fred Study, during WWI. 

Once I was done doing some of those, I started in on the Wiltzius family history. I added more names and found that one of the others I work with had a little more information than I did, so I checked her work and went from there. I didn't work on my side of the family - had too much fun finding a few of Patrick's. Also found out another Wiltzius family arrived after his family did. They came from Luxembourg as well, but came later. They also lived in a different town. I did find a comment that a John Wiltzius was a cousin to one of our relatives. So, there is a connection, just not sure where. 

Patrick had an appointment in Olympia, so while I waited on him, I worked on my embroidery. 


First I fixed the bottom left leaf. Then I worked on the stems. Once that was done I was able to do more. 


I added the two flowers on the right. Not two because I'm only half done with that. I can say it's two but if you look you know it's not two. lol 

I'm enjoying working on this piece. It keeps me busy when I have to wait. And busy is Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...