Thursday, October 28, 2021

Was On A Roll

 This morning I had a list of things to do. I seem to be getting better of making lists of what needs to be done. Tomorrow's list is really long....it will keep me busy for sure. 

First thing I did was get moving on the last side of the binding on a quilt. This quilt was Debbie's and I wanted to finish it for when she showed up. I was able to get 3/4 of the label done. I was almost done with the label when she showed up. She waited for me to finish it. Then we went downstairs so I could show her the quilt top I was working on yesterday. I will take it to moms tomorrow and see if it lays flat on her floor. We'll see. 

After she left, I went downstairs to cut the fabric for Donna and Barbara. I also cut the backing fabric for the quilt Sharon dropped off. I will drop that off tomorrow at the church. I had to cut the backing and the batting the same size. That was one pain in my rear! I cut them separately. I hope they are happy with that. I know they are supposed to be exact, but that is hard to do. While I was washing the backing, I decided to work on another top. 

So, I started cutting the strips that I bought a few months back. It was one of those "cakes" that they sell are a group. I cut the strips to the size I needed. 


I cut the strips into 10 1/2" pieces. I have it all set to sew now. I had to add 3 more cream colors. The Standing Strong pattern is what I'm going to work on. I will do more if this works. I can use the extra scraps to work on this one too. 


As I worked on the quilt, Sophie had to come and keep an eye on me. It was comical because she was getting into the plastic till I "shoo'd" her away. After all the pieces were done, I ironed the backing and then finished up the batting and backing - again, what a pain!

After cutting all that, I came back upstairs. I got to work on the last 2 labels. 


This is Debbie's quilt. I had finally gotten the quilt bound and labeled. One more thing done. Then I finished up my label for my quilt. 

So, I pretty much worked on QOV stuff. I was surprised at how much I did get done. 

Debbie brought my quilt to me. She bound it for me. So, now I need to stitch that down. I may take it tomorrow and work on it. Hard to say at this rate. The best part was that I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...