Sunday, October 17, 2021

Shows And Cross Stitching

 This morning I was up and making monkey bread for breakfast. I think it needed to be cooked a little longer, but Patrick liked it. Guess that's all that counts. It did turn out really good. Then I got moving with cleaning up a few things. Once that was going, I also started laundry. 

Funny thing about laundry. I tend to get involved in what I'm doing, that it sits in the machine a lot longer than it should. So, I don't get as much laundry done that way. My side track this time was cross stitching.

Of course Sophie had to be there in the chair with me. So, I was stitching around her. I'm surprised she stayed as long as she did. We must have been there a good 2-3 hours! 


I'm back to where I was before I took it all out. I do believe I'm even a little farther along. I do like working on this, so my beading hasn't been pulled back out to finish up. I finished up on the eye, and worked on the noise this time. I was able to get more on the right side as well. It looks great. I was getting to the point where I could make mistakes again, so called it done. 


I was wondering as I was getting to the point of finishing - am I the only one that tries to get as much out of the thread as I can? I was able to get this to finish the last two stitches in that row.  I know the floss isn't that expensive, and not sure why I like to get as much out of it as I can. It does get me into trouble at times. lol  At that point, I needed to stop. 

Plus it was bowling night. So we headed to bowling. I had a little trouble with one of our bowlers, and after all things were "worked out," and we finished bowling, their partner came to let us know they quit. So, I'm going to have to work on this. We are going to have a meeting before bowling next week. There are a few things the newbies need to know about. I did pretty good, even though there was a confrontation. I bowled a 199, (yep, I mucked up my game! I had 2 splits), 178 and a 190. Not bad! Brought my average up to 169, which I can deal with!

Today turned out to be pretty good when it comes to cross stitching - not so much with issues at bowling. But hey! I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...