Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Shopping Day!

 This morning I was just doing odd things. I even started the Focaccia bread. I had a recipe from Paul Hollywood. I thought I would try it. Then it was off to get Debbie. 

We went to the Onalaska quilt shop - Heavenly Quilts & Fabric Redeemed. We wanted to ask if they had a quilter that would be willing to quilt for us. The only thing they would be to donate their time. She said they have 2 gals that do Linus quilts. She would ask on her Facebook page. Then while we were there, she had a bolt of fabric that was "extra" and asked if we could use it for QOV. I told her yes. So, I ended up buying the bolt, 4 yards of red fabric, 3 yards of blue fabric, and 1 yard (that was 108 wide) of another blue fabric. I also bought some scissors (ginger embroidery). So, I came out of there with over $200 of stuff. Not that I needed to buy that much, but I did. They had a sale on the Halloween fabric as well, but I've cut back to only patriotic. Came home with all that. Then I went downstairs and moved the bolts into the closet under the stairs. I put a panel on the wall. I need to figure out what I will do with that one. I'm thinking about it. At least it's on the wall so I can work from there. 

I finished up the Focaccia and baked it. 


I didn't have Thyme but I had Rosemary. This one had potatoes in it. Still surprised I made it!


It had garlic, rosemary and potatoes. Not my favorite! I didn't like it. I would not do potatoes with bread - ever again. Doesn't work. I like Paul Hollywood stuff, but lately some of the things I have tried of his, isn't anything I would eat. So, I'm going back to a basic one and going from there. 

Then the day was pretty much gone. No clue where, but it was gone. So, I took an hour and worked on my cross stitch anyway. 

I worked on the right side of the wolf. I am happy with it. I did find that the area that I took out - in the middle - left big holes. I believe that will clear up eventually. Even if it's when I wash it. I just don't like seeing it now. I will work on it. That's why I'm always Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...