Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Presentation Day At The Museum

 This morning I was playing before having to get moving. I left around 10:20 am. Headed over to the church to pick up my quilt that was finished. Then I headed over to the museum to get everything going. I worked on setting up for the veterans. When Debbie showed up, we worked on getting the quilts out and set up. Waited on Heidi to show up so we could figure out what order to put them in. Had to clean the coffee pot, since they hadn't done that from the last time. Got the snacks set up and it was ready. Gave Debbie my quilt, Barbara the batting and fabric that was given to us. We had a new gal show up and she's going to help us out. I'm going to drop off some fabric with her on the way to moms on Friday. I also picked up a quilt that needs to be quilted from Sharon. 

We had 6 Veterans today! It was awesome! Jim Palmer is in the wheel chair. Hannah is with her dog, as she has PTSD really bad. 

Afterwards I came home. Beat Patrick home because he was picking mom up from the airport. They arrived about an hour after I did. 

I redid 2 certificates (while making hot chocolate on the stove). When I got what I wanted, I found my hot chocolate over flowing on the stove. OOPS. Then I had to clean up the mess. 

Went downstairs to work on getting some fabric cut. But found that my quilt top was waffling, so I had to take out the 2 sides of the border and redo it. I think I need to do that to the top border as well. I will think about it. It's not laying flat, but ironed okay. I may leave it, but did fix the worst part. I think it's the fabric. I starched it, so hopefully that will help. I decided I am not going to do big borders on the outside, because it doesn't work for me. They always and I mean always, waffle. Doesn't matter if I pin it or not, it doesn't work for me. I can measure and come up short or to much. Just not my thing. One of the reasons I don't care to sew tops anymore. I really, really am going to try not to have the last border bigger than 3!"

At least I've been Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...