Sunday, October 10, 2021

Back Home And Back To A Routine

 The last two days were between busy and not so much. Friday I wasn't feeling very good, so I stayed at Sues. Sue and Dad (he arrived Thursday evening) went to the Gun Show in Louisville to set up his guns and knives. He sells his stuff at the shows. While they were gone, Patrick and I enjoyed watching TV. We found she had "TMC" and enjoyed watching a movie. We started to watch another one, when the movie kept reloading. So, we called it quits on that one. We will probably get the "TMC" for extra on our TV. I would like to get rid of the cable and just stream everything. We stream 2 so far. 

After Dad and Sue came home, they turned around and headed out. They went to the "James Bond" movie. It was planned that we would get pizza, but they came back home late, so they ended up going to the movie straight away. I stayed behind and had a really good ham sandwich. It seemed to help my stomach! I ate before 6 pm and my headache went away. 

I had messages that the 2 quilts where done at Connie's. One message was saying they had another request for a quilt at the museum. So, I called Nancy and Debbie to see if they could get the quilts and request. Nancy was busy and Debbie said she would. I forgot they were behind us in time, so by the time I got went to bed, they had texted it was done. Also got a text from Debbie that she had 3 quilts ready to go to Connie. Connie's knee surgery is on the 14th, so we had to get her quilts over to her asap. I needed to cut batting and backing. - That would happen after I got home. 

We left yesterday at 4 am to get to the airport. We were a good hour early at the gate. Sue sat and chatted with us for awhile. She went through security faster than we did. We did not have priority this time, so we were in line for a good 10 mins. When we got out of the security area, we were looking for one of our bags. Then found it was at the station to be searched. Come to find out, the "rub" we bought for chicken was in question. It was sealed (think that helped), and it was in a bag. He told us, next time take it out of the bag. Once that was done, we were able to go to the gate. 

On the first flight, we were given snacks. It was a quick trip to Minn-St. Paul. We ended up with a 3 hour layover - couldn't get anything else. It was the only flight going out to Portland. On that flight we were asked what "meal" we wanted. I took a meat sandwich. It tasted alike dirt for the first couple bites. I was hoping they would give me a box of meat and crackers. They had a salad I could have gotten, but it had strawberries and that's not my favorite. Bet it was dried strawberries as well. The seats were awesome. I watched "Luca" on the screen. I started to watch an action movie and found that it made my queasy. "Luca" I really liked when I saw it the first time and enjoyed it this time as well. 

We arrived in Portland at noon. The flight was early. We were home and unpacking right away. The house is clean and we don't have to do any cleaning today. Sophie was being shy when we got home, but once she got going, she wanted a lot of attention. She was meowing at me when I was listening to my phone for messages. 

I went downstairs and cut the batting and backing for Debbie. She came about an hour later to pick it up. She's going to take it to Connie as soon as she has it all prepared. Debbie has 3 quilts done! She was really kicking butt for the group. I need to work on my quilt to get it done as well. 

Sophie slept between Patrick and I till about 2:30 when I got up. Must have slept for a good 10 hours last night. 

I was able to work on my embroidery while I was on the plane. 


  I started on the flowers. The leaves are double satin stitch. I did the satin stitch one way and went back and worked the other way. 

So, even though I was on vacation, I was still able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...