Tuesday, September 5, 2023

A Day Of Shopping!

 This morning I was at Debbie's by 7:50 am and we headed down to Longview. I waited a good hour for her (she had an appointment). Said that was the first time she had to wait that long. I laughed and said that's because I'm with her. Plus I didn't take my bag to have something to work on. 

After her appointment we headed to JoAnn's because they had a good sale going on, I didn't buy anything but some floss. We couldn't find what we wanted, so we headed for Yelm. 

We went to Gee Gees in Yelm. I spend $300 for material for our group. I had to get some fabric that goes with the panels we have. I spend a about $13 a yard for the fabric. We needed some fabrics that are not red, white or blue. It made it easy to be able to fix the quilts that way. 

Then we headed back to Debbie's where I picked up some 6" squares that her sister in law made. I wanted to use them in some of the quilts. I will work it out. I left some of the fabric with Debbie before I left. 

Came home and walked with Ron in the afternoon. It was 2:30 pm before we could go walking. I just relaxed the rest of the day. I was going to work on stuff but decided not to. I put another panel on the wall to work on. I will see what i can do with that one as well. 

This panel is on the wall minus the stars. I will try and see what I can do with this one as well. I had some Army emblems, but they were fit for 1776. They were brighter too, so I couldn't use them. If I had the emblem that was the Army one, I would use it, but these really didn't work. So, the panel is on the wall with nothing by it. I will see what I can come up with. I have 2 more panels like this to work on. I also bought the rest of the Navy ship panels because they are so popular. That was the fabric that I left with Debbie - the fabric we bought that will go with them. 

I did more shopping then anything today. I didn't even feel like I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...