Saturday, September 23, 2023

A Rainy, Quiet Saturday

 This morning I was up before Patrick. Lately I'm the one that sleeps in longer than the other. We have a deal, last one out of bed makes it! lol I made it all week and was glad he was finally able to make it. lol 

We talked about repotting the plants I got from Hildi. The decision was that after I go on my walk, we would repot the plants. I walked with Ron and then made lunch. I wanted a grill cheese sandwich. It didn't start raining till after I got in the house. 

Then it was out to the garage and work on planting 4 plants. I had a spider plant that Hildi gave me and we repotted a rubber plant, spider plant, and a couple others I don't know the name to. One of the plants she had, was just sitting in water over the last 5 years. So, I decided to keep it in water and will add the plant food once in awhile. That one is in a big heavy glass jar. Easy to tell if it needs water. 

Then I came in to watch TV with Patrick. We watched the Disney movie "Emotions." It was really good! I loved that movie. Funny too. While we were enjoying the movie, I worked on my embroidery. 

I was able to finish the leaves and finish up the first flower. I have 2 more flowers that are made of colonial knots. I started the second one. It's a lot prettier than I thought it would be. 

After supper, Patrick said I could go downstairs and work on the quilt. I had mentioned it earlier when he wanted to watch the movie. So, I took him up on the offer to go downstairs. I finished the book on audio that I was listening to and I finished sewing the blocks together. 

Now I need to put the border on it and it will be done and ready to go to the quilters. I may put this one at the church. I will have to think on that. They have one quilt now I think. I also need to finish the binding on the 2 quilts I have here. After I finished, I came up and played on the tablets. 

I talked about the kits I got from Hildi and decided to show them to you. This one is needlepoint, one of my favorite crafts! 


This is also needlepoint. I like them both. I plan to do one after I get the cross stitch done. Fingers crossed I can get to work on that. I still need to work on the ornaments. I have 2 more to do. 

It rained all afternoon. Good thing we didn't go out to eat like we planned. Instead, I seem to be dreaming of getting back to being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...