Monday, September 25, 2023

Brazilian Embroidery & Funeral......

This morning I was up early and out the door before 8:15 am. It was Brazilian embroidery meeting day. They were really sweet and said they would start an hour early for me because I had the funeral to go to at 11 am. 

I arrived a little early to find Cindy and Gerilyn waiting to get started. Sandy came in just after that. Sandy won't be there for the next 2 weeks. Her husband surprised her with a weekend at the beach next week and then she is going back to Canada to see her sisters. 

Gerilyn was asking how to start her embroidery. I showed her what I was working on class wise. We told her about the virtual classes and she seemed interested. We may get another member yet. I helped her with getting her piece started. I showed her the greens I had and told her to use them. They were from Ruth's Farewell piece and I just hadn't put them away yet. I didn't take the boxes of floss that belonged to the group because I had the funeral to go to. I will take them next week. I worked on my butterfly piece. 


  As you can tell, I only got about 4 colonial knots in. I worked on the yellow butterfly. I have half of it couched and will try and finish it tomorrow. 

I was able to put an hour and a half in at our meeting. I left everyone around 10:45 am. I had called mom to see if I had the right church or not. I did. I told her I would see her in "45 mins" when I called her at 10 am. She said okay but she was going to get Ethel at 10:50 am. I wondered about that, but let it go. Then when I arrived at the church, mom wasn't there, but Nancy and Carmin were. I asked why mom wasn't with them since they were going together. They told me that mom thought it started at 11:30 am and they told her to go get Ethel. So, of course, mom was 10 mins late. Which was okay because it ran a few minutes late. I was shocked and glad to see most of my group from QOV. They were there. We filled up two tables. It felt good to know we had a group that cared about our people. 

The service was a "celebration of life" for Chuck. They had shown some photos of him with the Amateur Emergency Radio Service for Lewis County. I noticed Stacy Denham also knew Chuck. I will have to go to the police station in Centralia and see if he has guys that served in the military.  When Hildi's daughter stood up and talked about Chuck (step father), I had tears going down my face. That was hard. Hildi came and ate lunch with us and we had a good chat. She might come on Friday to say her goodbye's. Her stuff is packed and ready to go. She said she's leaving on Oct 14th. I will miss her!

I came home and got busy working on pretzels. I had my sour dough that was fresh and wanted to make the pretzels. They turned out better than any others I have made. So, I'm going to add that to my recipes and do more in the future. We had that for supper with some cheese. I changed to butter. Melted cheese is a bit much for me. 

I took the rest of the day off. I sat and played games. I THOUGHT about working on the 2 quilts I have. I THOUGHT about my cross stitch, and I THOUGHT about my beading. But then thinking about it and doing something about it is 2 different things! Which tells you, I didn't do a darn thing!

Okay, I was looking at my photos and realized I didn't show the kit that was cross stitch that Hildi gave me. 


It's different. I don't know if I will do it or not. I have 2 others that will get done before I even think about this one - Oh, ouch, there I go again, thinking. Anyway, my next cross stitch pieces will be the seasonal cats that go with the 2 on the wall now. Maybe that will keep me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...