Friday, September 22, 2023

Starting To Say Goodbye To A Friend

 Today I was up early. I wanted to get my cleaning done before I walked with Ron. Then I wanted to get the 3 quilts squared up to take to mom. As I was finishing my last lap around the block, Patrick came home. I got some lunch and headed out. 

First stop was to get a cake/pie at Safeway for Hildi. Then I stopped to get my Chai Tea at Dutch Brothers. Once that was done, I headed to moms. Nancy picked us up at moms. Then we headed out to Hildi's. She wanted us to see if we wanted anything she was trying to get rid of before the big move. We took all her red and blue fabric. I have 2 bags downstairs waiting for me to go through and put it in my nice, organized bookshelf. And I just organized it yesterday! Oh, well. 

We arrived at Hildi's and there were a lot of trucks and cars there. They were from the Lewis County emergency ham radio group. They were helping Hildi get rid of Chuck's stuff. He had everything marked to go to his friends. There were names on items. Now they are trying to find someone to take down the tower he had at his shed. 

Nancy and I looked at her kits. She had a lot that I would have loved to work on, but I have more kits of cross stitch then I need. I did get a couple of her kits that were needlepoint. My favorite form of handwork. I may start one before too long - UGH ANOTHER PROJECT!! I did behave and didn't take the bucket. She said she was getting rid of some of her plants and I said I would take them. I brought 4 plants home. I need to repot 2 of them and will do that tomorrow. One is a spider plant and I was always good at raising those. I hope it will work well here in the house. I may need to bring it in the computer room. 


I decided I needed to get this quilt done that Debbie quilted. It turned out pretty good. It's needed for the next presentation, so I want it done as soon as possible. Hildi gave me my quilt that she didn't get finished with the binding. I will finish that as well. I took 3 quilts to moms but Nancy said she would do those. Once the binding is done, I may grab one to work on. I think right now, I would rather put the bindings on then sew a quilt together. 

When we got back to moms I noticed my phone (wallet) was missing. I called it and Hildi called mom back to say it was there. Mom and I went back to pick it up. Hildi gave me another plant she had (the spider plant) and then we came back home. It was 5 pm before I got home. It would have been sooner but I had to retrieve my wallet. UGH It's going to be hard to say goodbye to Hildi, she's a good friend!

When I got home I made supper and then called the day over. I didn't feel like doing much but play games on the tablets. 

At least, today, I was able to put a few stitches on the bind and call it Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!



No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...