Saturday, September 9, 2023

QOV Presentation Day!

 I slept in today. I was more surprised to find Patrick up early this morning and I didn't hear him. Usually, I wake up when he gets up, but not this morning. I finished my wavy flag bracelet but I gave it to Debbie. She said the other one was too big for her. I told her to bring back the first one I made. Then I sent a text a little bit ago to see if she would send me a photo, since I didn't take one. 

I took the 3 quilts that I had done to the museum. Debbie called me to say they didn't have us scheduled for a presentation. At least it wasn't a problem with them because they didn't have anything going on. We weren't told they did that. Then I checked on the other days to see if we were still scheduled. There was an issue with one of the days. They had a meeting that paid for upstairs, so we will just be downstairs, not that big of a deal. Then in October they took us off the schedule without telling me. I let her know that that will be an issue if we don't have that day. We are really trying to get our veterans done. We have 60 veterans on the list right now and Debbie has about 5 more to do. So, back to 65 veterans. We will only be able to do about 36 more before we take our break in November. So, 30 will have to wait till next year. 

We honored 10 veterans today. Missing someone in here. 

This one shows all 10. The guy at this end works for FedEx but lives up north. He was a kick!

Veterans we gave quilts to are: Andrew Kortz (4th in), Bobby Hamil (not sure), Nick Gibbon (not sure), Fallon Frizzell (gal in the middle), Dustin Backwell (not sure), Barry Nelson (guy in the green at the end), Erskine Johnson (not sure), Daniel Wade (last one), Leon Price (not sure) Larry Hanna (one in the middle to the left of Fallon). 

Had a great time with all. 

Came home and did a few things I needed to do with QOV. I had paperwork to do. I have to rewrite our information that mom gives after me. 

Then I took the rest of the day and relaxed. I always get beat when I do these presentations. They are fun, but for some reason they take a lot out of me. I have Connie her stuff then I gave mom the quilt that I squared up. I told her I would square up the quilts before they get to her. Nancy and mom can sew the binding on and I will make sure the quilts are ready for them. It's more work for me. I think they were trying to get out of sewing the bindings down, but I need someone else to do that. 

My day was busy and full. I can't say I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...