Thursday, September 7, 2023

Got To Stay Home Today

 This morning I slept in. Not too late, but not 7 am. I was getting ready to go for a walk when Ron called to see if I wanted to walk today. I tried to go at 10 am but he said 11 am would be better. He was out there waiting for me at 5 to 11 am. We walked till around noon when Patrick got home. At least we got our 2 1/2 miles in. 

I gave Patrick a few things to deliver on his way into town. I had him pick up some bread to make garlic cheese bread for supper. Also had him pick up a quilt from Grace church. They finished one of two quilts for us. I may need to get another quilt over to them. 

At 1 pm we had our zoom class meeting. Wanted to get everything under control. We didn't start the class today, that will be next week. All but one of us showed up. I had to order some floss for the class. I sent a message to Debbie Kelley to get her to send it to me. She's also in the class. 

After class, I decided I needed to get the labels on quilts. I found one already had a label on it. So, I did the next one. 

This quilt is now done. It was sent to us from one of the volunteers we have. Sarah Bower made this quilt. 

Then I decided I wanted to work on another flag bracelet for Saturday. We have another presentation that day and I gave Debbie the only one I made. 

I have to do one or two more flags and then I can finish this bracelet. I have the QOV charms and will put that on it for the clasp. I can't remember what I did, but I will go on YouTube and see what I did from there. 

I also worked on the certificates for Saturday. I needed to keep busy. I also checked my bookkeeping for QOV to see what we have as far as money goes. Right now, we are looking pretty good, thanks to Twin Cities Rotary. 

Even when I get busy with other things, I can also be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...