Thursday, September 21, 2023

Honoring Veterans Today

 This morning I was up and getting a few things done. I needed to get the speech done for mom. Hildi wasn't coming to the presentation. She's actually getting ready to move to Delaware.

I headed over to the museum early. I had a few things I needed to do before going. I dropped off veggies to my son, Phil. Once that was done, I went on to the museum. Debbie was shortly behind me. We got the quilts upstairs and started getting things started. I was reminded that I shouldn't leave new people hanging. If I did, then they wouldn't become members. I had a couple people tell me they almost didn't join because they didn't get the contact they needed. That was on me. I didn't call and make sure they were welcome and explain what we do. I did go to one of the gals that offered to quilt on quilts. I told her I'm all over the place. I don't mean to ignore anyone, but when it comes to our presentations my mind is on just that. I did tell her of our meeting in December. 

The veteran that didn't make it at the last presentation, didn't show for this one either. 


So instead of 9 veterans we had 8 veterans honored. They were Bill Hess, Ron Ziese, Al Denison, Dean Grefthen, Frank Kerwin, Carl Ganschow, Terry Lowery, and John Jensen. All the quilts where the challenge quilts that we worked on. 

It was such an honor. I had to cancel one of our presentations next month because we are running out of quilts. I need to get some more done. 


Smiley asked if we would have this panel quilt done in time for her pastor who is a veteran. We are honoring him on a Saturday next month - I think. I hope it's not the 5th of October. 


Debbie is going on a cruise (I hope!) Sunday. So, I will need to work on this. I took some of the blocks her sister in law worked on. I'm thinking of how I will do this. Debbie is going to bring that fabric we bought for this quilt. I will see what I can do with it. I need to get it done asap. I will check with Carol on when the pastor is scheduled. 

That is about all I did today to be any where near being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...