Saturday, September 16, 2023

Interesting Two Days....Sort Of..

 I didn't post yesterday because there really wasn't much to post. I worked at the garage sale yesterday all day. Cindy and I were trying to sell some stuff. We didn't get much sold, but then I thought we would do better today. I stopped and picked up KFC on the way home. Then I sat and enjoyed my time with Patrick. Wasn't in the mood to do anything. I was a little miffed at myself for not taking my embroidery with me. 

My distant cousin (Forest Matheson's grandson) called me from prison. He's in CA prison but we have been keeping up with each other on the family history. We chatted yesterday on the phone. He had to call me twice since our "time" was up. Plus it kept telling me it was being recorded. I didn't mind since we were chatting about family history. He found some family members in Texas, I believe. 

So, that was yesterday. 

Today I was up and working on my exercises then took my walk around 11 am. Before I went walking I decided to clean the kitchen and get the dishwasher unloaded. I also worked on the kitty litter. Once that was done, I worked on Cindy's embroidery piece. She was upset because it bled. I washed it yesterday and overnight. Then I rinsed it and put it out to be blocked. 

The red that is used on the crab and the fishing hook bled. There was some purple that did as well. So, I used the OxiClean to clean it. It worked great. Patrick got me a foam board to do the blocking on. I love how she finished this. I will give it to her next week, since I have a doctors appointment on Monday. 

While I was doing that, I texted her with no reply. Then I texted Alice to see if she was there. There was a big issue that made Cindy call it quits and leave. She does like to be "a drama queen" at times. So I called Alice and she called me back later. There was a gal that came in and moved stuff off our tables. She told Cindy she paid to be there on Saturday. Alice was trying to get it straightened out when Cindy packed up and left. Alice was more upset with the gal that came in. She didn't know her and she didn't have her listed to be there. She just wanted to sell her plants on Saturday and Alice knew about it according to this lady. Poor Alice, she was ticked that this lady pushed her way in and was very bossy. You can bet she won't be coming back. 

Patrick and I went to the Agatha Christy movie. It was really good. I jumped out of my seat at one point. I did like the movie. I saw a trailer of another movie I want to see too. It should be fun!

After the movie we headed to Sunbirds to pick up some more canning jars. He's making grape jelly. He cooked the grapes today and they are ready. He filled the jars we had but needed more. Then we got the car washed. Another stop was to Safeway to pick up a few things we needed. When we got home, our supper was ready in the crockpot. 

I didn't work on anything else. I wanted to work on my game that will be finished in a couple of days. I like challenges but they do take time to play them. So, I guess since I worked on Cindy's "Claudia the Crab" piece, I can fudge saying I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...