Sunday, September 3, 2023

Felt Like Saturday

 This morning I was being lazy. Didn't want to move fast. lol 

Patrick worked in the garden while I went walking. He pulled out some veggies that was the "mother load" and there is still more coming. 

I came in and after getting the laundry going, I got to work on the tomato sauce. I cut about half that stack to roast. Once it was roasted, we put it on the stove and started cooking it. It turned out great. 


Patrick cut the butternut into cubes and we froze that as well. I took a couple cucumbers and made my cucumber, onion, tomato salad. 

Most of my day was working on the veggies. 

Then I pulled out my cross stitch (Santa) and put about 100 stitches in. Not a lot but enough to get a few stitches in. I didn't take a photo because it really wasn't worth it. I will tomorrow. I'm going to BE tomorrow. On the way I'll have to stop at Phil's to see what he wants, then I have to contact Alice to come and get some of what is left. Hopefully he will take most of it. lol 

We went out to DQ today. I tried to get a discount with the app, but it said "expires 9/3/23." So, when I tried to get the discount I was told it was expired. Today is the 3rd and I should have gotten it! This isn't the only time that app didn't work for me! I'm getting frustrated with DQ and their app. If it was expired today, why didn't they have other discounts to replace them? UGH

All day I kept thinking it was Saturday. Telling myself I have another day before BE. Yeah, NO. Darn. 

It was a busy day. We enjoyed getting our veggies fixed and ready for us. Now I'm going to share, and when the next batch is ready, I will do more cooking to freeze the goodies. And I will have fun stitching while it cooks. That's way I can be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...