Saturday, September 2, 2023

Spent The Day Downstairs Piecing

 This morning I did the usual exercises and then walking. I walked by myself today. It got way too hot just walking. 

When I came in, I decided I needed to think about the quilt top I was making. I didn't like the idea of having a 12" border. I was thinking about it when I took a shower. Funny how it works for me. I tend to have an idea, and after awhile I come up with another idea that works just a little better. 

I decided to have a "bar" go from one side to the other. I had to work the corners before I could do the rest. The corners had to be done in the right direction. The fabric is dimensional and I needed to be sure it was going in the right direction. 


I worked on the sides next. Love those socks at the bottom of the picture! lol Guess I got my feet in the way.  I had to pay attention to the direction of the strips. Then I added the blocks. 


Once I got the top the way I wanted it. I had to add the last border. I do like the way it came out. It's different and I may use that technique again. I was easy enough. I made sure I squared up the stars. That was interesting in itself. I was able to trim them to 12 1/2" which made my day! I was worried it would have to be 12, with a 11 1/2" finished. It worked out to 12 1/2" unfinished. Made my day!


I was able to get this far when it came to supper time. I had to go back and finish it after supper. Would have been more happy if I had it done before supper. At least 2 borders don't take as long and the other 2 borders. 


Now it's finished and ready to be quilted. I will keep my eyes open to getting this done ASAP. Then we can have that veteran come and get his quilt. I will work on a couple more of these and get it done. I have a couple of ideas for another one. 

One more done. That's what happens when I'm Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...