Tuesday, September 19, 2023

What To Do, What To Do

This morning Patrick was up early and out the door for golf. I slept another hour and then decided I better get up. 

Once I was up I couldn't think of what to do. I knew I was walking with Ron at 11 am. So, I played my games and worked on some laundry. Then I wondered again if I had time to go downstairs to work on the quilt. Nope, 45 mins isn't enough time. 

After walking with Ron, I came in and Patrick was right behind me. Patrick asked when I was going to Debbie's. I told him, when she tells me she's home. What to do....what to do. Made phone calls to Kansas about getting my great grandmother's divorce records. I was passed around a couple times. Since the divorce was in 1927 about, they didn't have the records at the court house. Okay, need to try something else. They gave me another number for the Genealogy Society or so she thought. I was back at the court house in another area. They wanted me to go back to the call just before. Then she told me to check online at the Topeka and Shawnee Public Library. They have a lot of information on Kansas. I went online and send an email to see if I could get some information. It will probably take awhile before I hear back. 

Then it was back to...what to do. I pulled the 2 quilts out of their bags and put labels on the back. 

This is Connie's and it turned out pretty good. I like the colors. 

I started to work on the next one when Debbie texted that she would be home in 15 mins. I headed over there and we worked on the quilt she is making for her brother. It's a quilt that has some of his wife's clothing. (Remember - she passed away in March). She needed some help on putting a piece of clothing in the quilt. We talked about what to do. Then we talked about QOV and worked on getting the information correct. I need to call Kathleen's hubby to see if he can help with one of the veterans. 

Came back home and worked on my quilt. 

This one is now done. Patrick thought this was the one he worked on but I think it's another one. My quilts are still out there, so hard to say. I may do a couple more of these since they are quick and easy. I will see what fabrics I can use for that. Or just cut 5" squares and go from there. This is going to the museum on Thursday. 

Even though I had no clue what I wanted to do, I found I could still be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...