Thursday, September 28, 2023

Helping Mom With Her Finished Quilt

 This morning I was running a little slow. I didn't want to get up but I did. Then I had to get moving to moms. Stopped at Phil's to give him more veggies. Then I went to Dutch Brothers for Chai tea for both mom and me. 

When I arrived we worked on getting the table set up for the quilt. Then we cleaned the floor so that there wasn't any dirt. The last thing we needed to do was clean the quilt and have it get dirty again by the floor. We worked on a couple blood spots on the quilt. Mom had some peanut butter spots as well. So, we cleaned that up as well. It went pretty well. 

She had it out on the chair when I arrived. It's finally finished. We figured it out, it took a year to get this done. 

The table worked out. It was big enough to work on. We cleaned up the spots that needed it and now it's ready for Bob to pick up. He came over today after I left. Mom and him were happy. Mom told him he couldn't take it today because she wanted to show it off. Bob said they got word today that his wife's father has stage 3 or 4 cancer. Not sure which one. So, his wife was on her way to Portland and he was going to follow. He told her he would know on Monday when he will come and get it or what he will do to give it to her. 

I came home. I was done. I played on my tablet and worked on binding the quilt. 


I was able to get a side done. I wasn't trying real hard to get this done. I need to be in the mood, but lately I'm not. I told Patrick I needed his help this weekend to get 2 quilt tops done. I need to get the one for Smiley's friend and this one needs to be done by next week. I brought home 2 more quilts that need the label on them. Patrick said he will help me this weekend. He thought I could do it tomorrow but told him it's quilting at moms tomorrow. I need to be home early so I can go out to eat with him up in Olympia. Tomorrow is Hildi's last day with all of us. We will miss her! I will miss her. She and I had some good disagreements and still came out friends. 

At least I found time today to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...