Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Squaring Up Mom's Quilt

 This morning I was running a little late. I was out the door and stopped at Dutch Brothers for Chai tea. Got one for mom and myself. 

I love the cup lids! They are so fun to get! The other one I got said something else. 

When I arrived at mom's, we headed to the Gathering Place. There we put her quilt out on the 4 tables. 

I let Bob know we were there. He came to see it. We had to put 4 tables together to be able to square it up. At first mom wanted to pin in a grid so we could measure from there. I told her it would take us 7 hours to pin the hole quilt. Then she wanted to pin from the center out. That also took a while. It wasn't till around noon that we figured out what we should be doing. Mom was getting confused. So, when I told her we needed to measure from the center out, she finally understood what I was talking about. 

We worked like that around the quilt to get the pins in at the point where we needed to cut it. 


Once that was determined and after we had lunch, we could start cutting. It didn't take long to get it cut and done. We FINALLY finished it at 3:00 pm. A good 6 hours after we started. UGH! Now it's done. She needs to put the binding on and then finish quilting in the areas that are not quilted. She was beat by the time we finished. It took us all of 5 mins to square up the QOV quilt that I got back from the church. They quilted it really well! It turned out great!

On the way home stopped and got a beast of chicken. Then got home to fix some "chicken strips" for supper. I was going strong all day. I was glad when I could sit down and wait for the pumpkin to cook. Patrick cut 2 pumpkins for me and I cooked them in the over for 45 mins. Now I need to use the food processer and puree them. 

Now I'm beat and ready to call it a day. At least this time I can say I was "sort of" Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...