Tuesday, September 12, 2023

It's A Tuesday.....I'm Getting Back To Normal

 This morning we slept in. Then I got my exercise in and Ron called. He said it was going to rain around noon and wanted to go early before that. We decided on 10 am instead of 11 am. I was okay with that. We met up with Judy and chatted on the way back this direction. She only loops once. 

Afterwards I came back in and did my 5 mins on my stomach. 

Of course Sophie wanted her attention. This is the first time she climbed up on my back. She usually give me crap while I'm doing the other floor exercises. She wouldn't look at Patrick! When she did, he got this attitude from her. 

Once that was done, I worked on the sourdough bread I was making. It turned out really good. Even cut it into 2 peices. While I let it rise, I went downstairs to work on cutting backing and batting for the 2 quilts we received at the last presentation. I had that done and washing the backing. Then I went back down to work on the blocks that Georgie did for us. 

I had to square them up. I found that they didn't make it to 12 1/2 inches unfinished. So, I had to cut them down to 12" unfinished. Once I had that size, I could to the rest. 


I also had to square up the stairs. They were a lot bigger. I cut them down to 12 1/2 inches unfinished and then retrimmed them to 12" unfinished. That way it was easier to keep the star in the middle. Once all that was done, I layed the blocks on the floor. 


I then sewed the first two rows up. I gave it up after that. I was tired of having to square them up and I decided to come upstairs to do the puzzle. I got a lot done but didn't take the photo. I'll show it tomorrow. I am enjoying that more right now. 

I'm starting to get back to normal and find things to work on. Not that I don't have things to work on. I'm just happy I was doing something today. That's what keeps me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...