Friday, September 1, 2023

Spent Part Of The Day Downstairs

 Nope, not because of the weather. 

First things this morning, I needed to head to Connie's. She's looking good after her surgery. I stayed and chatted. Then I picked up some fabric while dropping off some white fabric for her. 

She had most of the Army fabric I needed. I was thrilled to find all this at her place. Now I can get moving on the panels that are Army. 

After that I headed to moms to drop off quilts and say hi to everyone before I left. I didn't want to say and really didn't want to go either. Mom was saying she's been missing me. I will go on Wednesday to help her get the quilt squared up. Then she can get the binding on and get it closer to being finished. 

My next stop was Phil's to drop off some veggies. Before I did that I picked up a drink at Dutch Brothers. 

Once I finally got home, Ron was walking. He had done 2 loops when I asked. Told him I would put a few things away and catch up to him. We walked the next 5 together, then he walked one more with me. I then walked one on my own. Patrick got home from golfing when I had one more loop to do. I gave him my hoodie to put in the house. 

I sat and chatted with Patrick. Then had lunch and decided to go downstairs to get to work on the panel quilt. 

I worked on the borders to the panel. I do like the way the yellow fits in this one. 


I then put the stars where I think they will go. The bolt of fabric there is what I will use in the extra part where the stars are. Then I will border it in black. It's a little dark for me, but the fabrics are in the dark color as well. The stars and the fabric will lighten it up a bit. I want to have it done for Debbie by Tuesday. I worked on squaring it up as well. It's going to be interesting. I will work on the side row first and then the top. Once that is done, then the black will finish it off. I hope this guy likes it when it's done. At least it didn't take me 2 weeks to figure out what I wanted to do. I don't have any more stars, so I'm not sure how I will do the next panel. Might as well do another one when this is done. We have plenty of Army people out there. I would like to do an Air Force one, but that will have to wait. 

I called it quits after this and came upstairs. When I went looking for Sophie, I found her in Katt's room enjoying the sun. I think she likes it when I'm downstairs being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...