Thursday, August 31, 2023

Not A Craft Day

Today I was up later than usual. I hate the sun coming in that early in the morning. I sat and played games while I waited for Patrick to get up. 

After a while I figured Patrick wanted to go shopping, so that is what we did. When we got home Debbie was here dropping off a quilt and some fabric that will work with the panel I need to work on. I will be taking some fabrics to Connie and then dropping off some quilts for mom. I don't want to stay long with the quilt group. I have other things I want to get done. 


I asked Patrick to come down and help me with this one. The stars will be in opposite corners. Three block in each position. I will do a gold, print, and black border around the center. Then I'll have a beige fabric to fill in. That's a good 12" which means I need to put a border around the whole thing because wide borders on the outside are hard to work with when quilting them. The beige I just noticed is that bolt of fabric in the lower right. I will work and see how it goes. I tend to change my mind as I go. I was having fun with different ideas and Patrick is a good person to work those ideas with. 

Then I came into the computer room and got started on my genealogy. I found a book, "The descendants of George Little, who came to Newbury, Mass, in 1640" and it's published in the 1800's. I was filling in my tree which gave me more members than I had. It took me back 4 generations to the 1600's. Interesting family! I was always interested in the LITTLE family because my great grandmother's middle name was Little. I will be able to work on the Little family to find the WHITE family connections. I did find where cousin's married a couple times in the LITTLE family. Way back when it was allowed. 

Now that I've spend over 4 hours on genealogy, I'm ready to call it good. Shame I didn't so some work on something so I could say I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...