Thursday, August 17, 2023

Spending The Afternoon At The SWW Fair

 This morning we were up. I wanted to go back to sleep but couldn't. So I DRAGGED myself out of bed. lol 

I was playing on the tablet and waiting to do my exercises. Patrick came in the house to let me know Ron was waiting for me to come and walk. I walked out there, and we got the full 7 laps in. I told him I would see him on Saturday since I have to be at the Lewis County Rotary meeting at 7 am. Then I have to be at the fair by 10 am. Connie and I will stop and get breakfast at McD's and then head to the fair. 

After walking with Ron, I had to get moving and go to my massage therapist. I had a different gal, and I wasn't done till 12:30 pm. I had lunch and then Patrick took me to the gate at the fair. He wasn't coming in and I didn't really want to park at the fair. I will tomorrow though. I arrived early for my 2-6 pm shift. Colleen was there chatting with mom. I was with mom for this shift. She went early to let Hildi go home to her husband. He's going down hill. I'm thinking it won't be much longer and he will pass. I feel for Hildi and Chuck. I know Chuck wants to stick around, but his heart won't let him. 

So, I let Colleen go home. Brother Patrick and sister in law Chris was walking around the fairgrounds. He came with scones which he had for all of us. I went out and ate my scone with them outside the building. It was hot today but not like yesterday. We had a good chat and I went back in. They were off again. Around 3:00 pm they came back in. They were sweating! Chris can't take the heat any more than I can! A few people came in and we chatted. One of mom clients from 30 years ago showed up. She introduced Patrickand Chris, then I ended up introducing myself. 

About 3:30 pm Patrick and Chris decided to head home. Mom said she had to go too. "You don't mind, do you?" I told her to get going. I stayed till 5:50 pm when Patrick came to get me after his meeting. Worked out. The traffic in the building was slow. Around 4 pm they moved the Marine's tent because they were plugging the area where one needed to go to get to the building. I gave out 2 applications. We are doing pretty well so far. Not a lot of applications are staying with us. One gal will probably copy the forms for her family. It will be fun to see how many of the applications came back to me. Time will tell. 

After mom and them left, I pulled out my beading and got to work. 


I was able to do all of this much. lol It's a start. I had trouble starting it for some reason. Once I did then I was able to get moving. Kathleen Ament and I chatted about the quilts. We found a couple quilts that shouldn't have gotten the blue ribbon that mom gave them. I looked. Mom is slipping on her judging. I don't agree with their choices of Grand Champion and Champion. Kathleen is going to change up the judges and get them moving around in different areas. Some have judge the same things for years and they need to be mixed up a little. 


Mom told me I could pick up the quilt when I pick up our QOV quilts. I told her I would. That way it's coming to me and I don't have to wait on mom to give it to me. I thought the machine embroidery quilt should have gotten Grand or Champion. Kathleen and I agreed on that one. I will take a photo tomorrow and show it off. It's really pretty. 

Patrick picked me up at 6 pm. We headed home. I didn't get anything to eat, but with the heat, I really didn't want anything. So, when we got home we had an ice bar. 😍 It was good!!

The way my day stated I wouldn't have been able to stitch. But as it turned out, I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...