Monday, August 7, 2023

Yesterday!

 Okay, I'm behind again on my blogging but this time it isn't 3 days. I will post today later tonight. Who know what I'll be up to!!

Yesterday started out with the 5 of us. Chris and I went out to eat since the rest of them went golfing. Molly (niece), Dennis, Sue and Patrick all went golfing. And here Patrick thought he would only golf once while he was on vacation. They got in 3 or 4 times of golfing. So, he's not complaining!

Chris and I head out for breakfast on our own. They have an awesome doughnut shop in town. Wish we had something like it! We didn't go there, we headed to "Rosie's" which is an old time dinning area. It was PACKED, so we went across the street to another place - same atmosphere. We were there around 10:30, so we decided to have a burger instead. It was really good. Filled me up. Trouble is, I have been eating way to much! So, the last couple days my body is telling me I've been messing up. We were eating anywhere from 5:30 to 8 pm at night. My body doesn't like that and I feel like a whale when I eat after 6:30 pm. After lunch we went to the farm store (can't remember the name) and picked up a couple shirts. Actually I got one and Chris got three. Sue texted she was on her way out, so we made a trip to dads. First we looked around for apartments and condo's for dad. Didn't see much and didn't like most of them. Don't think dad would either. Then we went to dads to say good bye to Sue. We didn't stay long. One more stop was at the cemetery to say hi to Dick. They finally put a military marker on the back of his marker. 

We got back home to find the golfers back. Dennis and Chris worked on supper. We stopped and picked up some fish the night before. One of his friends loves fishing and bring fish for his friends. It's lake trout and wasn't bad. I'm just not a fish person. I had some, but had her meatloaf instead. That tasted different to me, but then I don't add a ton of stuff. 

This is Patrick and Dennis! They crashed pretty much all afternoon. 

All the greenery and hearts are done on the embroidery. I really didn't do much yesterday. Chris, Molly and I played Yahtzee and Chris kicked our butt! It really didn't turn out to be a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Working On Embroidery Today

 This morning, I took my time getting to the grange. I took my "goldwork" piece with me. I wanted to see if I could finish it. I w...