Sunday, August 13, 2023

HOT, HOT DAY!

 This morning when I woke it was already 68 degrees. AND I didn't sleep in! I did cook the sticky buns and they were really good. Patrick must have had about 4 of them today! It wasn't smart of me to bake that early! I did let the cool breeze come into the kitchen so it wouldn't stay hot. 

I worked on laundry and then I had to go downstairs and cut backing and batting for one quilt. Then re-cut the backing for the church. Once that was done, I put them together and have them ready to go out tomorrow. I have to drop off at the church and then with Connie. 

I had to get more labels done. I did about 20 of them and it took as long as it does to do a quilt! At least for me. Now I can put labels on the 7 quilts I have in the back room. Connie said she has another quilt for me. I will get that to Debbie. 

I pretty much listened to my book. It's a different kind of book by Nora Roberts. I love her books, and found I'm really into this "magical" book. It's a series and it's 15 hours long to listen to. The first book is "The Awakening," second is "The Becoming," and the last one is "The Choice." I'm on the second book. Really good! 


Patrick's garden is getting good cucumbers!

I have been play my games and listening to my book. It's way too hot to be doing much! I may move downstair for the next few days. We reached 100 degrees by 5 pm. It's 86 right now! Not good weather to try and be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...