Monday, August 21, 2023

From One Thing To Another

 This morning I was up earlier than usual. I had too much to do. After getting ready, I had to take all the stuff out to the car. My list of things to do was long. 

First I had to hit the bank, next thing I off to Rite Aid, then Phil's. Once that was done I headed to McD's for coffee for both Sandy and Cindy. Next stop was to the fair to pick up 5 quilts. I got there to find Chuck asking me for 2 more forms to fill out for QOV. Gave them to him and took my quilts along with my QOV stuff I left behind on Saturday. 

Of course I had to stop at "The Cup" to get me some Chai Tea. I finally arrived at the grange. Cindy was there first. Sandy came later and Sandy 2 came shortly after. We had a good chat and worked on some stuff. I didn't get a lot done. I chatted more than usual. 

I worked on the growth in the bowl. I have to add the yellow 3D flowers to it. Then I can go and do beads in the bowl. I need to do that part last. I wanted to work on the rose I took with me to MI but I didn't have the padding I needed to put on it. So, I decided to work on the bonsai tree instead. My class will start soon, so I will have another project that needs attention. 

Connie asked if I was still on today. Texted that I was on my way. I left embroidery at 12:45 pm.  Went to Connie's to pick up a quilt. She had one that needed quilting. Since she's having knee surgery on Monday, she is getting ready for it. The quilt I had for her was going to Debbie instead. Left her place and headed to Safeway for rolls. Once that was done, I headed to moms. 

Arrived at mom and unloaded my car with all her stuff. Then I picked up a box of fabric that Judy Rambo dropped off for me. I stayed to chat to see how it went yesterday, but she didn't say much. I would ask if she talked to someone, and she changed the subject. So, I really don't know how the reunion went. At that point, I was glad we didn't go. 

Headed home by stopping at Dutch Brothers for tea and coffee. Since it was double points day, I decided to get Patrick a coffee. 

Came home and started folding the quilts to go to the museum. I also kept the embroidery quilt mom made. It was mine after all. lol 

Patrick pulled veggies from the garden. So, I shredded the zucchini and bagged it in freezer bags. While I was doing that Debbie came over. We chatted for a good hour. Plus I gave her back the ship panels to work on. We have a LOT of people that want those panel quilts that served in the Navy. She brought her pattern she's going to make for her and Jim. It's a pattern that is a pain to figure out. It has way too much fabric. There is a lot of waste. She's going to look for a better pattern. 

After she left and supper was over, I pulled out a quilt to get the label on. We counted 9 quilts that need labels. 

This is Kristi's quilt that was hanging at the fair. So, I finally got the label on it and it's headed to the museum on Thursday. 

I added the label to this. Now I'm down to 7 quilts that need labels. Good thing I worked on those last week! 

I ended up - even after walking for 45 minutes - going from one thing to another and still finding time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...