Monday, August 14, 2023

100 Degrees and Hiding!

This morning when I got up, it was already 90 degrees. I headed out and went on my chores. First was the church, bank, Phil's dropping off cucumbers, Connie's and then to the bank to ask  for a new credit card since mine was "hacked." 

Dropped off the quilt that I had the backing too short on, to the church. Texted both Rita and Linda to let them know I dropped it off. Connie was doing good. We chatted about the fair and she got after me to not getting the notice asked for new members, done. I told her I would do it right away when I got home. She had one quilt done. I gave her backing for two of hers. I also took the quilt I had to put the stars on for her to finish.  She is working the fair tomorrow afternoon. I had to explain why mom was getting out of 2 of her commitments. On Thursday she has to go to Alice's for supper, so I told her she can leave when she needs to. Since it's the afternoon shift I really don't care. Plus I'm having to work it with her. Not my favorite thing, but will work with it. 

Came home to find Patrick already home. He was golfing this morning. It was 92 degrees when I got back home at noon. By 5 pm it was 99 degrees. Our post says 102 at 5 pm. Patrick's temperature "thing" at his table said it's 98 degrees right now. I was going to try and walk but when I noticed it's still 98 degrees, I decided not to bother walking. I will try and walk tomorrow morning. 

We went downstairs after lunch. It's a lot cooler down her. 

I decided to work on my 3rd ornament. I finished what I did yesterday and started another. I do believe I actually got 1 full piece done. I will be taking this along to work on at the fair. I have 3 days at the fair.

We are still downstairs watching TV. I just can't get myself to go upstairs in this heat. At least I have a place to hide and be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...