Sunday, August 27, 2023

Sunday........Slow Day

 This morning I didn't want to get up. I kept waking up last night because of my reflex. I ate around 7 yesterday and I know better. It still hasn't corrected itself since our vacation. 

I worked on my exercises and didn't see Ron out there till he was on his 5th loop. I joined him. After we got the last 2 loops done, I continued till I was at 6 loops - had to come in and hit the bathroom. lol So figured I could get away with not doing one more loop. 

I did some cleaning. Got the laundry going and vacuumed. I wanted to get a few things done before working on my letters from the past. I ended up doing 2 of them. One was from my 2nd great grandmother. I believe the letter was written in 1860's or 1870's. There wasn't a date on it. She was getting after my great grandfather for not writing. She expected a letter from him every Tuesday from what I can figure out. Kinda funny! 

Then it was time for our BE virtual group. Only 3 of us made it. Sandy's sister, Judy (leader) and myself. We talked about all kinds of things. She was showing the classes she's wanting to teach at our seminar. Should be fun. Don't know if I will take them, but they are good pieces. My class starts on the 7th, so it will be fun. I sent the money for the kit and waiting to get them. I need to check to see if I have the floss needed for the class. I better do that soon. 

I found my scrap quilt that I machine quilted a few years ago. It was for the cats I had. I wondered where it was. Then today while looking for batting, I found it. It was a little damp from the bricks. So, I washed it and put it by the table in the dining room. She likes to sleep there. I put it down and it didn't take long for her to sniff it out. Then she "claimed" it. I walked over there and step on it while taking my photo of my bead work. You should have seen the look I got for doing that!


While at the virtual meeting I worked on this. I want to get this done! I was able to get 1/3 of it done. I started on the blue skirt before quitting. It's coming along great. I have this one and one more to do. Then I will work on another set, with different colors again. I find I can continue if I'm not doing the same colors. 

I was able to do a little more genealogy. It's coming along great. I haven't had much chance to check ancestry as I'm working on the research through books right now. I did get some documents from ancestry. There are a couple of things I'm not sure if they belong to my tree though. I will keep working on it. 

Today turned out to be a slow day. I was at least able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Working On Embroidery Today

 This morning, I took my time getting to the grange. I took my "goldwork" piece with me. I wanted to see if I could finish it. I w...