Saturday, August 19, 2023

A Day Of Fair Going And Mini Family Reunion

 Yesterday I was up before the crack of dawn! Then headed over to the Motel in town to meet up with the Twin Cities Rotary. They were very kind and are helping us with Quilts of Valor. We were gifted $1,000 which will go a long way. We were shocked and pleased at the same time!

Then we headed to Denny's for breakfast. There we sat and chatted. Debbie left early because she had to get home. Connie and I still had an hour and a half before we were to be at the fair. Our shift was 10-2. Around noon my nephew and his family came and met up with me. I took a break, and we got some garlic fries to sit and enjoy. It wasn't as good as the stuff at the games in Seattle but it was good. Then I headed back into work. One that was over, I went looking for them again. They were just getting done with the carnival area. We walked around and they headed back to moms. I went looking for my corn dog! I couldn't find a corn dog place and it drove me crazy. What Fair doesn't have a corn dog!! I went to get Patrick his cotton candy and they had corn dogs!! So, I bought both - $20!! Oh, well. The corn dog was GOOD! May have to get one today too!! lol 

I did get about 4 rows done. The funny part is that my great niece fell in love with my beaded ornament that mom had. She wants one. I told her I was doing angels now.  Guess I need to do 2 more sets. lol 

Left around 3:00 pm and headed home. Patrick was waiting on me. I was able to take a breath before we were heading to moms. It was crowded with family. More family then I'm used to. Mostly nieces and nephews. There were 18 of us all together and the table was packed. 

We stayed till around 7 pm and then had my niece and her husband (Kylee and Derek) go to the Tesla pump station to get the power up. Then they followed us home. We chatted for awhile and they spent the night downstairs. 

The day was busy and went fast. I tried to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...